Today, it is very ordinary to see a person using laptop or computer. They have changed our way of working. Now we depend on them for even running our daily routine of tasks. But issues and problems can arise in any device. A user can face hardware as well as software problems. With technical and technological advancements, the digital space has changed. With several benefits, there are some threats too which can damage your equipment. 3 Beeps Base 64K RAM failure is one example of such issues. If your system is showing this error, then it refers to a fault within the first 64 KB of system memory. This problem can happen due to a bad memory chip in the first bank of storage.
This error is a clear indication of some failure related to the motherboard of your system. There can be many reasons behind this such as a specific message strongly implicating the motherboard due to which it is not working correctly. A defective motherboard has the power of effecting any other part of the system which can lead to failure. It is necessary to check it and ensure that it is in good shape. Motherboard failures mostly happen in old laptops or desktops instead of a new system. Usually, the reason behind its collapse is either misconfiguration or failure of some components which are associated with it.
Due to lack of knowledge, users search for a technician who can help them resolve this issue where they can fix the problem by themselves. There can be two methods by which you can diagnose the problem. By implementing following steps, you can resolve the issue on your own.
- Step 1: If your system is not able to boot, make sure that the device has minimum components required to work. For example a processor, full bank of memory, video card, and a drive.
- Step 2: Check if the components are properly inserted into the motherboard. Here, give special consideration to the memory as partially inserted memory modules can be the reason for such errors.
- Step 3: Remove all the devices from the motherboard which are optional. It can be expansion cards, external peripherals, etc. After eliminating all additional devices, check if the problem persists or not.
- Step 4: Now check the motherboard jumper settings and ensure that they are correct. Here take a close look at the processor type, bus speed, clock multiplier and voltage jumpers.
- Step 5: Make sure that the CMOS clear and flash BIOS jumpers are in their normal and default operating positions.
- Step 6: An overly aggressive BIOS setting can be the cause of this error. To eliminate this possibility, change your BIOS settings and set them to default.
- Step 7: Set all the cache memory and hard disk timing at the minimum speed. Turn off BIOS shadowing and see if the problem still exists.
- Step 8: Sometimes a hardware malfunction can be responsible for 3 Beeps Base 64K RAM failure. Check the inside of the case to evaluate if there are overheating issues. Now physically inspect the motherboard for possible cracks in the frame, broken pins or components. If you find any such damage in the parts of the motherboard then replacing the component can fix the problem.
- Step 9: Check for the parts which are inserted in a socket to avoid any lose connection.
- Step 10: Troubleshoot the secondary cache for removing a failed cache module.
- Step 11: Troubleshoot the processor is you find signs of overheating.
- Step 12: Troubleshoot the system memory and video card
- Step 13: Check for BIOS bugs as some virus can overwrite the part of a BIOS code in systems that employ a flash BIOS. If it is corrupt, then the system will not boot itself
- Step 14: The final solution can be of swapping the motherboard with another one. If the problem gets resolved, then the original motherboard is probably at fault. It can be due to miss-configuration and incorrect installation also.
Before replacing any part, give due consideration as it will demand a high investment. To get the best out of these solutions, try to implement all the steps in the same way it has been recommended.
Feel free to contact Acer Support Number New Zealand on toll free number if your smartphones, tablets, laptops or projector is facing any major or minor problem.