If you receive the error that says no bootable device found on your Acer laptop, then the primary cause of this error may be incorrect boot order, partition not set as active or hard disk failure. This problem can be corrected by following the below-mentioned points:
- Change Boot Order Settings to Fix Acer Laptop No Bootable Device Error in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
To fix up the Acer laptop, no bootable device error is to make sure the first boot device of your PC is the hard drive. To examine the boot order, follow these steps to do so:
- Step 1: The primary step that you need to take is to reboot your PC.
- Step 2: Secondly, you need to access the BIOS menu.
- Step 3: Go to the Boot tab.
- Step 4: Change the boot order settings and make the Hard Drive as first boot device
- Step 5: Save the settings.
- Step 6: Reboot your PC.
- Reset Primary Partition as Active
Bootable device error will take place if your primary partition is not set to “active” on your Acer laptop. Therefore, you could try to reset the first partition as active, and you could use disk part to run the important commands to fix the issue. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Insert the Windows installation media (DVD or USB flash drive) and boot from that.
- Step 2: Click command prompt under the system recovery Options or Troubleshoot,
- Step 3: In the next step you need to type the command “diskpart” and press enter.
- Step 4: Then you need to “select disk 0” and press enter.
- Step 5: Type “list partition” and press the enter button.
- Step 6: In the next step “select partition 1” and hit enter key.
- Step 7: In this step, you need to type “active” and hit Enter.
- Repair Corrupted Boot Files
Corrupted boot files on your Acer laptop could also trigger the no bootable device error. You can repair this problem by following easy steps:
- Step 1: Insert the boot disk and boot from it.
- Step 2: Select the language and region, and then click Repair your computer.
- Step 3: Install media select troubleshoot and then Command Prompt. If you are a user of Windows 10 (or 8.1, 8)
- Step 4: If you are using a Windows 7 installation media, in System Recovery Options, select the first item and then choose Windows 7 as the operating system and click Next.
- Step 5: Click Command Prompt.Step 6. In Command Prompt, type the below lines one by one and hit Enter after each. (If you are asked whether you want to add a new installation to boot list, press Y and then hit Enter).
- Step 6: Shut down the Command Prompt window and reboot your PC.
Update Acer Drivers for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
Outdated versions of Acer drivers could cause a lot of issues to your Acer device, like WiFi problem, no sound, black screen, blue screen, USB not working, etc. To make your Acer laptop always function accurately, you shall update Acer drivers for your device regularly. If you are not so much tech-savvy, you could adopt a Windows driver download and update utility which could update the outdated Acer drivers and repair corrupted or damaged Acer drivers without mistakes. Feel Free to visit Acer Support Number NZ for more technical solution or dial our toll-free 098015144 number.