This error message is usually followed by code 10 in Acer devices. It is a general error that takes place when the system does not have Startup Repair files installed on it. Due to this failure, the users are unable to start the system in normal mode as a result of which a message “this device cannot start” appears on the screen. This problem can be fixed by focusing on device drivers. Here you will know how to fix this error
Method 1: Boot into the last known configuration mode.
To proceed with this method, follow instructions carefully:
- Step 1: The first thing you need to do is to restart the PC device first
- Step 2: Keep pressing the F8 button until a list of boot options is displayed on the screen of your Acer device.
- Step 3: Select the “Last Known Good Configuration” option which should be based on “Advanced” mode.
- Step 4: Now, press the “enter” button and wait for a while to let it boot.
Method 2: Running the system restore process from the installation disc.
This method will be applicable only if the users have installed disc in the device. To proceed with this process, users need to ensure that the “System Restore” option is enabled on their Windows copy. Here are guidelines that you need to follow while fixing the device error:
- Step 1: Firstly, you need to insert the installation disc on your device.
- Step 2: A message “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” will display on the screen and at that time you need to press a key.
- Step 3: After selection of language and time click on the “Repair your computer” icon.
- Step 4: Select the drive where you have installed the disc, and this should usually be C:\ drive. Click to choose the “Next” icon now.
- Step 5: Select the “System Restore’ icon from the “System Recovery Options” window.
- Step 6: Follow all the “System Restore wizard instructions” carefully to make a selection of a restore point easily.
- Step 7: Click on “Finish” button to restore the PC.
Method 3: Run the “chkdsk’ command.
This is another alternative method where users are supposed to run the “chkdsk” command. To approach this method, you need to do the following mentioned steps:
- Step1: Insert the CD and then, restart your Acer device.
- Step2: Press any key from the keyboard when the message “Press any key to boot from CD” appears on the screen
- Step3: Press “R” button to easily have access for opening the “Recovery Console” option which is found in the “Options” menu
- Step4: Type the“Administrator” password and press the “enter” button
- Step5: At the Command Prompt, type the “chkdsk C: /f /x /r” command and then, press the ‘enter” button.
- Step6: At last restart your device.
By following any of the above-described methods, you can solve the code 10 error. But if in case you are not able to get it done then contact a technician. Feel free to visit Acer Support Number NZ or dial 098015144 to get in touch with us for any kind of Acer Repair Services.